Monday 9 May 2011

Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal

I say this with my hands to my face, as United all but have the title in their cabinet for a 19th time, Arsenal fc, the once might invincibles are left trophy less yet again. I don't want have to turn into one of the those fans that look back on the glory days and mutter to myself, but its all I can do to keep myself going. Arsenal in February had the chance of taking home 4 trophies, but instead it seems we dropped them somewhere down in "Choke Street", and are now left with nothing but wounds to lick.

A 1-0 victory over Man United of course lifted my spirits greatly, but then only to lose 3-1 to Stoke, it is a shocking end to such a promising season. The defense on Sunday was as usual found wanting, first goal was surprise surprise from a set play and saw Jones net it, useless Arsenal. The second was a deflection so a little unlucky, but Szczesny should have done better. Stokes 3rd goal was another case of brilliant defense, Djourou who has had 2 shockers in his last 3 games cleared the ball straight to the feat of Walters who made no mistake. Djourou one of my protected species has finally broken my last nerve, yes he improved throughly, but we need a new defense, but more on that later. Arsenal in reply instead of passing the ball around and finding gaps have been crossing the ball and some of the time VP is the one crossing, what a useless tactic, who the hell is going to score from this in the Arsenal side BendtnerChamakh, no they are on the bench, I really am lost for words. When Wenger in the second half changed formation to play two upfront things looked better, I really think Van Persie is a great player, but he cannot do it on his own, Mr Glass needs a strike partner.

Koscielny has done what he was bought to do, but he was never meant to play the entire, season the guy played French 2 division 2 years ago, he was meant to be a back up defender. Vermaelen had he not been injured maybe things would have been a little different, but they weren't and buying a player like Squillaci was a complete waste of time, he is terrible. Arsenal need to buy Cahill, Jagielka or Mertesacker, plain and simple, then a striker maybe Benzema, Milito or Radamel Falcao from Porto. There is more that needs to be done, but I'm to bloody depressed to keep writing, Gunners I love you and always will, but when will you return the love.......

No comments:

Post a Comment